Search This Blog

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Where There is No Doctor

Also other exciting (totally sarcastic) news:  The doctor left me all alone in this hospital as he went off for a 2 week ultrasound training course, which he told me about....yesterday.  Sighs.  Well, I'm not totally alone, I have pharmacist and charge nurses, and surgical tech.  Apparently, they run things when the doctor is away.  But still....doesn't seem like a good idea.  Especially since he failed to tell me ANYTHING about this.  I just happened to hear this from someone who was VISITING! Seriously??? You work with me and don't tell me jack??? What if I didn't happen to run into this visitor?  I had arranged to work at a peripheral health center so I can see more deliveries, and I would've been gone first thing this morning. Ugh.  I had to call him and ask him about it.  And even still, he said he would be gone 4-5 days.  But it's actually more like 2 weeks.  And he didn't give me any keys to to anything, any instructions, nothing.  Seriously.  Can communication get any worse?  Actually, don't answer that question, I know it can.  

Sighs, didn't mean to spill more frustrations out here.  I'm actually not too angry about it, knowing that sometimes there really is no doctor.  Since a lot of times, the nurses do just admit patients without the doctor anyways.  Ah well, maybe there's a reason I'm stuck here for another 2-3 weeks.  Haha.  

No comments:

Post a Comment