Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Plane trip to Sierra Leone

Hit me next time I try to go snowboarding the day before a long trip because during my 29hr trip my whole body was sore, especially my right glut.  Obviously I don't work out enough.  

I ALWAYS, ALWAYS get swindled at the airport. The porters always try to "help" people move stuff then demand a tip even though I find them unnecessary. Though I think to myself, "don't let them take your stuff!!!" someone still ends up taking my stuff.  I even got a cart this time to avoid them, but a guy came up and started rolling it to the ferry counter.  Even though he only moved my stuff 100ft, I still felt bad and gave him a tip.  At the other side of the ferry, a guy kept on insisting it was too heavy for me, but I was tired of giving tip and I kept on saying,"no, i'm strong!!" so I grabbed my luggage out of their hand and they saw me rolling away with 4 bags. Booyah!

Yesterday, a black man started saying Chinese to me!  Chinese!  How crazy is that??  Apparently he had done his PhD in China and lived there for 3 years.  It was pretty epic, and he had great pronunciation  Actually, last time I was in SL, I put my Chinese skills to use when talking business with the Sugar Company in the country, which happened to be run by Chinese people.  China is taking over.   

No comments:

Post a Comment