Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

On Relationships

One nursing student asked me if I'm married, and I told her and her friends to guess.  So two guessed that I have a fiance, one guessed I have one boyfriend, and another guessed that I have three boyfriends. HAHAHA!

The marriage culture here is soooooo....different.  I was so surprised about this one girl who's a nursing student here.  She said her husband, a Muslim, is in another city. I asked if he has other wives, she says not yet (She's a Christian), but that he has other girlfriends to satisfy his nature.  When I asked how she feels about them, she says, she doesn't mind...she just asks him to have protection with the other women so he won't bring home STD's. And this is a man she has had FOUR kids with...and hopes to have 4 more.  

Then another girl asked if there were more women then men in the United States.  Haha...I thought the question was so random.  But then she said in Sierra Leone, that's the case because of the war.  

No comments:

Post a Comment