Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fat

When I stayed in Freetown for a few days, I had met up with the old PPB factory workers with whom I worked with in the past, It was so nice to see Ali, Marian, and Alimamy.  Ali was just the same, yelling, "Yi Wang!" every time he sees me, and of course, I return with the customary, "Ali Banks!"  When I met up with Marian, the first thing she said was, "You got fatter!"  I was pretty shocked, and kind of appalled by her rudeness, and to tell the truth, I didn't think I was fatter than she was!  But then it turned out that's a compliment.  Haha.  And so here in Segbwema, when they heard I just wanted some fruits and veggies for dinner, they were surprised, and kept on insisting on making me fat by the time I go home.  Oh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment