Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

Irritated: My Response to Stress

We were discussing the negative effects of stress in physio today.  During class, when I thought about how I respond, I thought of mainly two things: eating and playing tennis.  But then just today, I noticed my true response: AHHHH!!!!  ...and getting irritated.

I don't know ANYTHING about photo editing, but because I'm incapable of saying "no" to people, I managed to get myself the role of photo editor for the med school guidebook for next year's first years.  And because I'm not so great at adding in new things into my schedule, I've come to realize how much time this is taking and how much I still have to do.  Ack!!!  So much to do this weekend!  Aside from homework, I have to be the coordinator for the free clinic, and I also DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HECK I'M DOING!!!  Thus, THIS IS MAKING ME STRESSED!!!  Okay...I think I need to breathe!  But I can't because my hallway smells like smoke!!!

Anyhow, I've become irritated with the co-photo editor, and I've become irritated with this person who smokes on my floor. gah!!!  so irritating!!!  I'm usually not like this! I think I need to say a prayer or think about the real reason I'm here at med school.  Maybe I need to think about the big picture.  There really isn't anything for me to be angry with.  Some people are just mean and do stupid things, and I should get over it.  No, no, that's not the right way to think.  People probably have reasons for doing what they're doing even though I don't like what they're doing.  There are things I don't understand.  Ok...chill....

2 comments: