Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Exploring Bhangra and Bollywood and Short Hair

Diwali - never head of it till med school:
Apparently it's a really big thing at my current undergrad and med school. Bhangra was such a big deal at MIT, and they were AMAZING! So I checked it out today. It was so much fun! Although I'm pretty uncoordinated. Oh well, I got matched up with someone equally uncoordinated. Awesome. Haha...and then some people were from yesterday's Bollywood dancing team. And so I tried the dude's part. That was funny and involved a lot of hip/shoulder movement that I don't think I have the nerves/muscles for (although anatomy proves me wrong). It was hilarious!! Ahh!! I didn't sign up for it at first b/c I know I'm stretching myself too thin...but then a classmate asked me to sign up, and I have this terrible habit of not being able to say no. ah...i failed DARE.

Short Hair:
Ah!! Hair barely touches my shoulders! So short!! Man, the only haircutter person I knew of growing up was my mom, so this was probably my second time ever getting a haircut at a professional place. I think I made the lady very frustrated because I kept on being unhappy with the result and refused to use her hair products. Well, there's really no point for her to blow dry and put cream in my hair because I would never do that. She probably thought I was crazy. Oh well, I guess it didn't turn out as bad as I thought!

2 comments:

  1. Never mind. I found it on fb. Very cute. I like the hair.

    ReplyDelete