Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2009

1st B-Ball Game

Oh boy. For some unknown reason, I decided to join the IM co-ed b-ball team. It was pretty amusing. I need to learn how to dribble. And shoot. And pivot. And contact other people. Oh boy. Tennis is very different. You're not even ALLOWED to cross to the other side of the net, much less stick your butt into somebody's stomach (boxing someone out?). haha. I've learned to be more ferocious. But then that resulted in this 6 inch long, half inch thick bloody mark on a teammate - inflicted by my razor sharp nails during practice. Oops! I apologized profusely, but I still felt horrible. :(
So last Wed. was my first bball game ever!!! Sadly, we lost by 2 points (21 to 23). :'( I got to play in two quarters, which kinda made me feel bad, because the only contribution I was making was pretty much running around and making the other team- and my team - confused. I guess it wasn't soooo terrible. I did manage to defend a decent amount. I didn't even know how to signal that I wanted a sub, so I had to stay in for all of 1st quarter even though I managed to lose the ball to the other team while I was just holding it. ah..need to be more aggressive. Well, I guess first things first...learn to dribble, shoot, and pivot. The really sad thing was that we were playing against first year MBA students and we lost. ah......

1 comment:

  1. haha :D
    you have so much time for activities! I spend most of my free time sitting on my lazy butt hehehe

    ReplyDelete