Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cruel resident stories:

In honor of one of my favorite blogs: http://doccartoon.blogspot.com, I'm going to start my own cruel resident/attending stories so I remember ways to torture my future medical student.  Or not....or maybe? :P (These may or may not be my own experience).


  • Attending asked me to go from one end of hospital to the other end of another hospital to get his urine testing gadget.  After walking around for 15 mins, I get back, and it turns out to be incompatible with the patient's card.  blah!
  • Resident makes me leave an OR case to get his ipod connection cable from upstairs.
  • Residents/attendings "borrowing" my pens.
  • 1st time ever in OR case, I was made to scrub in 3 times because 1) put my hands below my elbow for a split second 2) touched some equipment with the very bottom of my gown
  • Told to get lunch for my resident right when I was about to eat my own home-made lunch
  • Told to fax/copy something x 100 times
  • Told medical students can not call consults

No comments:

Post a Comment