Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

CMA reflections

Thankful for:
  • Good rotation schedule: Although it wasn't what I had signed up for, it turned out to maybe even be better than what I had in mind at first.  I remember taking a lot of time trying to figure out what schedule would be the most advantageous, putting in all the permutations into the lottery, and asking a bunch of people what's good/bad.  But ultimately I guess God knows best.  What may work for everyone might not actually work for me considering I tend to be a slow starter.  So while many people said to start with Internal Medicine, it's probably for the best that I'm starting with Psychiatry, which appears not to be too intense (of course, that's relative).  Rest of my schedule: 
    • Psychiatry, Neurology, Emergency Med
    • Pediatrics, Ob/Gyn
    • Internal medicine: BJC, Cardiology, Family Med
    • Surgery
  • Having a place to stay next year: Despite the uncertainty and slight drama, I'm thankful to have such good friends who I know won't abandon me, even though it may make their life a bit complicated.  But still have to figure out the details...
  • Having a wonderful family and an adorable little brother who tells me riddles. 
Prayer for:
  • Friends and their family: things don't always go as planned.  Even the worst things happen to good people.  It's always a mystery why God lets those things happen, and even though I know the answer is that "God has a plan for everything," sometimes, I want a better/clearer answer.  
  • Family business: that my parents will be able to sell the house they're building.  
  • Friends weddings - all the best to them, and that I'll be able to make it to them if possible.
  • Step 1. Sighs.  
Things I don't understand:
  • Job: reading about it is confusing. Even though I know he's supposed to show the epitome of being good and not forsaking God despite having so many problems - it seems like he still complains a lot. hm....


1 comment:

  1. Ahh Job...I read through that last year! I got all the way to the very end and then I lost endurance at the 2nd to last chapter. It mirrors my endurance while running---when I near the "finish line", I slow down and just start walking, hahaha..

    Anyways, I remember wondering the same thing about Job complaining. My Bible commentary pointed out that Job, while complaining, complains to God's face directly instead of complaining ABOUT God. I think that was the main lesson I came away with---that Job was suffering, but he didn't run away from God while suffering but instead let God be with him during the suffering. Also it's interesting how his friends react to his suffering. I remember at some point in the passage they just sit there with him in silence because he just needs them to be there without saying anything during his pain.

    ReplyDelete