Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2009

Anatomy: Sawing

It's been more than a week of some awkward dissections of the pudendal (aka, "area of shame"). Part of it involved putting the legs in stirrups, and standing between the legs to identify certain structures. At one point, I was standing between the legs, the stirrups weren't positioned properly, and all of a sudden, they closed on me! ack! That was a scary. Well, we got to move on to the next part...

I sawed off a leg:
So in a group of 3 girls and 1 guy, I ended up being the person to saw through the pubic symphysis (anterior part of the pelvis) and the sacrum up to the L3 vertebrae. I think that was my exercise for the day. It was a really messy process that involved going through the rectum that still contained feces that spread all over the place: on the organs, the saw, the scalpel, our gloves...almost everywhere. Man, dissection is such a mess!

1 comment:

  1. omg! was there blood?! did you feel weird cutting a PERSON?! ahhhhhh! that's so different from sawing off like a pig's body part or a cat's body part....STILL! AHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete