Search This Blog

Friday, July 26, 2024

W 2.5-3y

 

3/21/24 2y 7mo

I keep on thinking how wonderful this age is. Yes, there are those tantrums here and there, but overall, this is the best age. W understands what we say, and he says things too...often time surprising us with new phrases. Sometimes he can be so sweet and generous. 🥰 I will miss this stage!


3/27/24 2y7mo

Cute phrases:

"Do you want to join us?"

"My belly button hurts"

"The banana in my tummy in there" 

Singing choochoo train song on repeat. Saying 3 dollars instead of "Y" When counting in Chinese, always skipping 11. When asked who he wants to pray for, he'll say "For W and Tuda."


4/24/24

When I try to get W in the morning now, he says "Go away!" "I don't want mommy!" It's because I have been a bad mom and not getting him in the mornings. Only ab has been getting him because I've been waking up late. 

W was trying to stand on the ledge half way up the bathtub and he slipped, fell, and hit his chin. He got a deep laceration on his chin, about a cm, but deep enough where I could see fat. Not wanting to go to urgent care or ER at night, I rinsed it with water and put steristrip on it. Unfortunately, the steri strip didn't stay well due to curvature of his chin and cheek and because he fell face forward in the sand and go the strip dirty. The strip fell off after 3 days with the laceration still gaping. I tried reapplying the steri strip and then put stretchy foam bandage on the steri strip and that did the trick to keep it on for 10 days from accident. When we finally took it off, the wound was healed and there was just a very small pink scar at the chin line.

5/25/24 

W is just finishing up his first year of school. We love his school and so does he. He has become quite an artist with all the art he brings back from school and also quite a chatterbox, frequently talking about his classmates. He likes to use scissors, but he hasn't figured out how to hold a pen correctly. 


5/30/24

W came to visit us when J was born. The presence of a 2 yo made everything much more lively, busy, and loud. He wanted to touch everything. 

W imitated J's hiccups.

Regarding J: "I want to take this home"

"I want to cover it."


6/6/24

When W does something silly to delay going to sleep, AB can't help but laugh and causes more delays. 


6/16/24

W developed a chalazion on his left lower eyelid statting 5/25. Was it because he is prone to it or due to sand getting in his eye, we will never know. We did warm compress inconsistently because he didn't like it...max 100 seconds each time. And then when J was born, we went maybe a week without addressing it and it got really big. Also developed a stye in the upper lid. Consulted my pedi ophthalmology friend and they said to do warm compress 4 times a day, 10 min, and also apply maxitrol (antibiotic/steriod ointment) for 2 weeks. A little fearful because of the steroid and potential risk of glaucoma. Thankfully the stye started expressing and after a week, the chalazion came to a head and started expressing a bit too. Now a little more than 2 weeks, it's much better, but there is still a residual red bump where the chalazion was and a pimple where the stye was.  

W has been very sweet with J. He wants to feed baby, burp baby, and put baby down. But transitioning to a new full time school (Christchurch) has been tough for him. First week he was sad to go because he missed his old school and friends. And then he stopped napping sometimes. Those days are rhe hardest because anything would set him off into a tantrum. 


6/30/24 almost 3y

Now j is 1 month, W has started some bad habits. Probably related to new siblings and school. He will want very particular things and if he doesn't get them, he will fixate and cry and tantrum. He's been dragging out bedtime. He will want one more book, and sit on the potty forever. Then want to wipe himself and with a square piece of TP. If not square, will repeated try to get one and waste tp. And when AB switched out the empty roll, he wanted the "small" tp roll back even though none are left. Another time he flushed, but then wiped, and got upset he couldn't flush his used tp with his poop. He wants to put on his sleep sack himself. Another day wanted me to put him in the crib instead of ab. And then wanted to wipe with a square paper towel, not a regular towel. These things drag on sleep so much..not sure how to address. 


7/19/24 almost 3y

W wants to be a firefighter or pilot when he grows up. He doesn't want to be a doctor anymore (which he wanted 2 days ago). He says he doesn't want to be a doctor because he is not sick. 


7/24/24

W just started his new school faith lutheran! We were a little anxious how it would go, but so far W likes it! It has more of a family/warm feel than the 2nd school he went to (Christchurch). More like his first school Westbury. We will always have find memories of Ms. Taffet!


Teacher Toni's description of him: 

W has been doing great on his first two days. He eats a little bit not too much. He is making friends and having loads of fun. He has not napped the past two days but he has been quiet. He informs me when he needs to use restroom and he is very independent. I also love his red hair. Glad he is a part of my class.

Haha! So funny she put the red hair in there! 


7/26/24

W picked out a Bible from the bookshelf.  He laid it on its side and tried to stand on it.  He asked "I stand alone on the word of God, the Bible?".


8/19/24

There have been more times when W says he doesn't want mommy or mommy go away or baba to get him out of the car/drop off. It's been hurtful and sad. Ab reassures me w still loves me, but it's hard to not think that he doesn't. It's because I've been more focused on baby j, so I haven't been doing as much bedtime reading or getting him when he wakes. It's so sad. I cried intermittently for a whole day. It happened before, but now it's really quite a lot. I almost feel like an outsider. 


Funny quotes:

AB: what can you fix?

W: Tuda, batteries, baba, dian feng shan.


Ab: Are you pooping or are you done?

W: I'm pretending to play


W: Go this way! (Making Ab and my brother go down the ramp instead of stairs)


W: Only peepee and poopoo in the potty. No toys in the potty. 


W: You are not a doctor, baba


W: to google: "How do you say bread in chinese?"


W: They are going to fix the fire hydrant! With tape!


On zoom, there's a person with their video off:

W: "Somebody hiding there"


W: "Mommy, you are so cute!"


At HEB: 

W: "This one for Wesley"


Sunday school teacher: "He has the most gentle soul."


W: "I have a question for you" ...then continues to stand there for a moment because he forgot his question. 


Ab: what are you doing?

W: I'm just rough housing. 


After watching my friend pump milk:

W: Mommy you are going to pump some milk


Ab: W, you are so cute!

W: I'm not cute

Ab: If you are not cute, what are you?

W: I'm a happy face


Ab: We are almost out of ice cream

W: We have to get some more from HEB


Ab reading book on vaccinations

W: "I don't want to get polio"  "I don't like measles"


W: Mommy, close your shirt! I see your belly! (Bc I'm pregnant)


W: baba, do you have a penis?


Grandma: you are a big brother now!

W: I'm not big, I'm still a baby


W: Baba, what did you do at work today? Do you play at work?


W: I'm going to go to HEB and work tomorrow.

Ab: Oh what are you going to do at work?

W: I'm going to play

W: I'm going to drive myself. And then go to Ariah's house, and play the bubbles outside. ...I don't know how to go, baba


W: You are so beautiful, mama! (Regarding a dress I'm wearing)


W: 3, 2, 1, time out! 


: Don't say no. ima throw you out 

Ab: who said that?

W: Ms. Jackie.


W: I pee peed! 

Ab: Outstanding!

W: I did not stand.


After doing some yoga together:

AB: I'm going to do the corpse pose.

W: Baba, wake up! 


W: Baba, when I'm big I can drive a car!

AB: you have to be 16!

W: Baba, are you 16?


The other day, W was singing the b-i-b-l-e song, and took one of the children bible books and put it on the ground, asked AB "I can stand on it?" As he put a foot on it. 🤣


W's new catch phrase: save it for to-rro-mow!


Ab: what music do you want to hear?

W: waterbottle music

Ab: uh...ok google, play waterbottle music

Google: *starts playing Hollywood music*


W playing with a bottle: 

W: a little penis can fit in there. A big penis will break it. 

*AB laughing*

Yw: I don't think it will break it, it'll get stuck.

W: It will get stuck and then it will be an emergency. The ambulance will come and cut it. Like paper. 

*AB laughing hysterically*

No comments:

Post a Comment