Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Baby 3 month old

Baobao made it to 3 month old! He is so cute now! But he is still very small (7-8 percentile by weight). 

*Since his weight is still low, we decided to do exclusive pumping and bottle feeding. Maybe nurse once very few days for fun. Since then, he has increased his daily intake a lot! Some days taking 33oz! (I pump avg 27oz). He will take 5oz every 3-4 hours, sometimes more frequently. Sometimes for no reason, he stops early. Sometimes we have to shake his hand while eats to coax him to eat. Strange kid! 

*He loves to lie on his playmat and hit his hanging toys! He will do a little tummy time, but then get frustrated. 

*(3.5mo) He has started to have "conversations" with us. In reality, it's just us gently screaming at each other. At one point, maybe got him to laugh. It was so adorable!

*He has started to turn from his side to facing upwards. One time he was even able to flip from front to back. But I never got him to do it again.

*Sleep: now he's able to sleep 6 to 7 hours at night time. It has helped us get more sleep for sure. But sometimes he still wakes up around 1:00 or 2:00 and requires the pacifier. And occasionally when he gets too much sleep in the later evening or for no reason, he wakes up a lot.

*We got his passport! He is so cute.

*I went back to work part-time. There was some miscommunication about when I can use my continuing medical education time, so now I end up with a bunch at the end to use up in december. Fortunately they let me use it, so it's like I got 4 months maternity leave. In the meantime, it's been a hassle trying to pump at work. I'm only allotted a 20 minute slot, in the morning and one at afternoon, which actually ends up only being 10 minutes each because of overbooking. I decided to use flex time, which means I have to make it up later. On the days that I'm working, Alan has been using up his PTO for the year, and he has been very happy to be at home. 

*We are hoping to have a nanny from February to May part time. We will be doing nanny sharing.

*We found out that my grandmother has gastric and intestinal cancer. We're still waiting on the prognosis, but I'm really hoping that she can see Baobao in person. It will be really hard because I think visa to China is almost impossible, and it will require a 3-week quarantine.

*We've managed to play tennis a few times. We've been lucky that both times baby fell asleep in the stroller so we could play uninterrupted.

*We've been able to go to several events now: Thanksgiving with friends and family, and a holiday musical. All with the help of the freemie pump which I can keep in my pocket. It's not as comfortable or as efficient as the spectrum pump, but it's discreet enough.


3.5mo:

*Still small. 12.5lb (8th percentile) and 24" (10-15 percentile). Eats anywhere from 26 to 35 ounces (that was a record). 5oz once at 4am and then about 5oz about 5 times during the day (q3hrs). 

*He can now turn lying back to his side. And one time he rotated 180 degrees so whole body facing left and then faced right where his feet were. He also started putting his hands together in the middle. So cute! He will also laugh a few times. 🥰

*12/15/21 3.75mo: he consistently turns from back to front now! Earlier in the week I had turned around, and when I turned back he had done it. Now he does it so effortlessly. Even when he's sleeping he spends most of his time on his side, and sometimes does 360s in the bed.

*12/20/21 Baobao is blowing raspberries! How funny! 

*Seems like he is always hyperactive. Really hope he doesn't have ADHD in the future. Especially during eating he kicks soooooo much. And subsequently he also breathes really fast. Another new annoying thing he is doing is he sticks his tongue out all the time now. Even when eating. 


Funny quotes: 

Yw: Baobao is a night owl and a morning person. 

Random kid on playground: "I want to see the baby's face!"

AB's friend's daughter: "I want to hold the baby!"


No comments:

Post a Comment