Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Semongkong Abseiling


We did it! We completed the Guinness world record highest abseiling!




First day consisted of learning how to abseil on a small cliff-side. But the actual thing was quite different! 

On the day of, we all took horses and rode to the Semongkong waterfall. CY's horse went bizark, and looked like it was gonna run off the cliff! Thankfully one of the guides went after it and stopped it.







The actual abseil was quite exciting! The view was gorgeous! As we went down, the weight of the ropes was so much more than the practice cliff, so I could just sit there, and not hold the ropes, and still not go down. I had to literally pull the ropes up so that I would go down. It was so much fun with the waterfall spraying water on me. I enjoyed jumping off the side of the cliff - people on the bottom said with my green raincoat, I looked like a frog jumping down the cliff-side!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment