Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

My Old Lady

Just took a break from studying to watch Scrubs: My Old Lady (s1e4).  Here's the setting: The three interns are each assigned patients with various illnesses. Statistically speaking, one of the three is going to die. J.D.'s patient is 74-year-old Mrs. Tanner, who is in renal failure. 20-year-old David Morrison is Turk's hernia patient and Elliot's patient Mrs. Guerrero only speaks Spanish and might have lupus.
After studying like mad for the last couple of days and reading on my computer till my eyes go red, I don't feel guilty watching this episode.  Spoiler alert!  It really reminded me of the important things to also remember while going through medical school: to take charge and take responsibility, to care for my patients as friends, and to take time for myself outside of medicine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment