Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Paintballing!

So much fun! Paintballs are A LOT smaller than I expected!  I was thinking of something from...10 things I hate about you.  If those were the sun, then these paintballs today were like the earth.  Many of us (girls) were slightly concerned about the painful report we received from previous ballers, and warning was well heeded.  I was fortunate - did not get hit that often, or at close range, but others on my team were not so lucky.  One teammate was hit TWICE, by a friend too!  Oh man, she got welts that look like a ring of blood-filled blisters.  It looks pretty gruesome for sure.

We had played 3 games.  The first game consisted of mostly running around the forest.  I was so nervous initially, I could feel my heart beating and I think I might have even been shaking.  I was just kind of sitting on some sand bags behind a tree, and afraid to move to see the opposite team.  After seeing I wasn't getting anywhere, I decided to move to a ditch.  Lucky for me, people didn't really see me there in the corner, so I got lucky and shot 3 people or so.  Each round is single elimination, so if the paintball bursts on you, then you're out.  I think everyone was lucky then, so time ran out and it was a draw.  It was funny to see where people got hit: skidding the arm, right smack between the eyes (we got masks), and even in the "man area"(apparently he didn't feel it).

For the second game, our group of friends had to split up because the other team only had 3 people.  Right away, I tried to advance far so I could get a good angle and good hiding spot.  It was so muddy I could barely move, so I moved even farther forward.  After the game, a friend on the opposite team complained that I pelted him a million times while he was a bush, another friend said I hit him in the face and on his bare head, and I hit someone else on the head.  Oops...maybe I should be less vicious.   But turns out one of them got hit, but the ball didn't burst, and so she later got me back when there was maybe 1 minute left.  Sighs.

The last round was pretty disastrous.  We had planned to have some people go right, some left, and one up in the tower, but it turns out we had no idea how far left the field went.  I also got too impatient (progressively more so each game), didn't realize there were people on my right, and easily got pelted by 3 paintballs.  Yikes.  Meanwhile, the other team, completely flanked us by going through a trail on the left - while we thought we had reached the border.  Yup, 5 min and we were goners.

Anyhow, it was a lot of fun, and I'd love to go again! (if it weren't so expensive...)

2 comments:

  1. haha looks like i would want you on my team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...does this mean if we pick teams i won't be picked last?! :D Maybe playing Call of Duty helped. haha

    ReplyDelete