Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Walden Pond

Biking to Walden Pond was so much fun and so much pain! Ah...I should've known that biking with a national champion cyclist/triathlon athlete was probably going to be painful. To add to the difficulty, I had a bike that was probably twice as heavy and only two functional gears. I never even switched gears before. Next time I'm going for the slightly longer, but flat and "boring" route - boring according to my cycling friend.

Walden Pond was...full of pregnant ladies. Somehow on the tiny beach we dumped our stuff at, we saw three pregnant ladies walking around in swimsuits plus one guy I mistook for a pregnant lady. Pregnant ladies in swimsuits is kind of a strange concept. Anyhow, our picnic was pretty successful. We had an excess of food, and I was sad we forgot the mayo even though I hectically procured it in the morning. I'm glad we had time to throw around a mini football in the pond and find the original site of Thoreau's long-gone cabin. Note to self: email Mr. Curtis.

Those who went to Walden Pond via zip car went home, and I had time to visit Emerson & Louisa May Alcott's House as well as Sleepy Hallow. Also note that the guy who works at the visitor center must either be really talkative or really bored b/c we had difficulty leaving that place because he just kept on talking and didn't take a breath.

1 comment:

  1. did you manage to take a sample of the water from Walden Pond back home with you?

    ReplyDelete